Friday, November 2, 2012


Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:32 AM

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Mom don't get trunky on me now! (Don't know what this means?)

Wednesday we didn't do much because we were really tired, so we just slept. Then Thursday we saw Gian Paulo, our baptism date for the 25th of November but unfortunately we didn't know that was the day of stake conference so we have to postpone it to the week after. He is super cool, just accepts everything and he just needs a testimony so if everyone could pray for him that would be great. He is a student at the University of Torino and studies Economy.

Then we had a lesson with a new convert but I don't know what to do with her because she has a ton of problems and I'm only 20 years old I don't have experience in anything with life and I didn't go to school to be a psychologist . It is very difficult sometimes to have lessons with people because we just go over there with a lesson planned and they just tell us their whole life story. Then we try and help them and they don't want to listen to anything that were saying. Anyway, then we had English class and no one showed up for my companion's class but a ton of people come to my class and I don't have to teach anything, we just talk and that's how I help them speak English haha. Simple no?

Friday we planned then, well this is a story, ok, so we were looking for a referral. and because we are in a bus city we take a bus then walk however far we need to. So we had to take a bus to a small city outside of Torino and it was raining and where we were there was nothing but a highway and farms so we are walking along a really fast highway, it's raining, getting dark, sounds bad enough right? Well we spent 2 hours walking around asking people where this place was and no one knew where it was and we never ended up finding it. So now we have to do a Round 2 to find it!

Then Saturday we did some pass bys and nothing for the day other than a small party for a sister that just back from her mission in temple square. I can't wait to go to temple square and find an Italian and just speak with them!

Then Sunday we had church and an American guy came that lives in Ohio but was born in Idaho so we talked a lot and he works for Fiat. Then we had a lesson with our Chinese lady but we have to drop her because she doesn't understand, but if I'm still here in a couple months I will retake her because she is learning Italian very fast, so we will see.

Then Monday we had district meeting and then a scambio with Anziano Roisum. Super good scambio but also very sketchy with fast cars going by us on a sidewalk barely big enough for the bike tire and in a tunnel. Stuff happens, no? So it took us about an hour on bikes to arrive at this members house then we did another scambio.

Tuesday was bad, we had four lessons planned and everyone of them fell through!!!! it just gets old after a while. But in the center at Piazzo Castello there was a riot; police everywhere. I have never seen riot police before. So I think something important was going down. Then because we received so many cancellations, we bought something called Arancini, they are super good! That lifted spirits a bit!. Arancini are fried
rice balls coated with breadcrumbs, said to have originated in Sicily in the 10th century. Arancini are usually filled with ragù (meat sauce), tomato sauce, mozzarella, and/or peas.

 
And today, we are preparing for the Halloween festival in the church. There hasn't been much preparation so hope it goes good. There were cockroaches in our house so we had a great adventure throwing things out and cleaning the closet out!

Well I haven't got the ballot yet so lets hope I can get it in on time. Some members told me about the hurricane. America needs to repent!!!!! or we will be killed just like the nephites. That's good Josh moved back. You should ask him about serving a mission. I can't believe Seth comes back in a couple months either it has just gone so fast.

Well, love you all. Until next week!!

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment