Wednesday, November 7, 2012 6:36 AM
To start off with, the Halloween party was extremely unorganized and kinda bad but we did get one potential investigator from it! Thursday was a holiday, here all saints day. We have it but here the whole country shuts down to worship false idols, how dumb dont you think. Sometimes I just wonder if the people here even know the 10 comandments. haha So all morning we did area book and unfortunately we found no one but we called a stack full of people! Then we got another bidone, or a cancellation, then English class and no one showed up! So another bidone.
Then Friday we planned and saw a new convert and saw Angellica, the 17 year old girl. She really has a testimony. This time she said "I feel happiness every time I read the Book of Mormon and also that if there was a true church ours would be it". Which makes sense, ours is the only one with a prophet and apostles and has temples and actually does good things not just says them! Then we had consiglio, or council, and we found the Mostra in the church so we are going to start a Mostra in the center of the city and it should be pretty fun! T
Then Saturday we did some finding work in the morning and we didn't have time to go home for lunch so we ate out at a chinese restaraunt which was extremely good. Then we taught a less active that was in the hospital with the first counsler of the bishopric because no one knows him because he has only come to church one time and is from Ecuador. Then we saw another less active and she is super nice just has some small problems and I think we helpled her quite a bit this week. then we went to go find that African that lives on the highway with all the rain. So we went to find him again this time. No rain but it was dark when we got there and there were other African brothers and so we asked them how to get to this hotel. (because this african named Christopher just told us to ask other africans how to get there) and he said "ya just follow those two. I am on a bike so I can not show you. So we followed the two africans and this time we were even more on the highway with cars zooming by us and having to run after the africans because they walk really fast! So at some parts we were running haha and the other africans we were following didn't know that we were following them either. At one part they jumped a gaurdrail and so I followed and Anziano Romeo isn't the most athletic and he said "no I'm not jumping over that or going down that hill". I was already at the bottom of the hill and so I yelled to him "hurry up I can't see the africans anymore! So in a hurry he jumped over the guardrail and kinda skidded on his but in a suit down the hill. I was kinda laughing then I yelled hurry up again and so he decided to do what I did and run down the hill and he almost made it but tripped at end and ate dirt. He didn't hurt himself thank goodness, so we ran after the africans again, made it to the hotel, taught a lesson to the referal and to a less active with another lady but every one was not listening. The miracale is that the less active came to church!
Then Sunday we had lunch with a family and did finding work all day but I was extrememly tired so I had to take a small nap.
Then Monday was district meeting and we blitzed cuneo which means instead of a scambio me and my companion both went to the city. I was Anziano Hutchinsons last scambio partner he goes home next week. Then we had a great family home evening at the church because they have all the people who don't have families who are all members. We set up a maze of chairs and we blindfolded them and the object of the game was to find the right voice to guide you through the maze or the " holy ghost" then everyone else was a follower of Satan and tried to mess you up and I got one guy to follow my voice and I got him to walk outside for a while haha then that night we played monoply until 12 and I didn't win even though I usually do in case you forgot that it was me or Parker that won every time haha.
Then Tuesday we came back, cleaned the apartment a little because it was a wreck! When we left then we had a couple of appointments and bought pizza because we needed a little break and then went home and today we have few appointments because people couldn't see us another day so this pday we won't be doing much, oh well.
The ballot still hasn't come! so i didnt vote. This week has actually been warmer and I havent been freezing, I just haven't got used to the cold still. And the cockroaches I thought were gone then I saw another one the other day but thank goodness they are only in the bathroom! We will have to clean a little better today. And here is way worse than at home with the streets; the streets are half the size! We still take the train, just no bike. We are on buses. I cleaned the shower when I first got here. I will be waiting for the letters from Brooklin and Kaylin. I'm actually surprised they even know I'm gone.
Well have a good week. Gotta go.
Jake
To start off with, the Halloween party was extremely unorganized and kinda bad but we did get one potential investigator from it! Thursday was a holiday, here all saints day. We have it but here the whole country shuts down to worship false idols, how dumb dont you think. Sometimes I just wonder if the people here even know the 10 comandments. haha So all morning we did area book and unfortunately we found no one but we called a stack full of people! Then we got another bidone, or a cancellation, then English class and no one showed up! So another bidone.
Then Friday we planned and saw a new convert and saw Angellica, the 17 year old girl. She really has a testimony. This time she said "I feel happiness every time I read the Book of Mormon and also that if there was a true church ours would be it". Which makes sense, ours is the only one with a prophet and apostles and has temples and actually does good things not just says them! Then we had consiglio, or council, and we found the Mostra in the church so we are going to start a Mostra in the center of the city and it should be pretty fun! T
Then Saturday we did some finding work in the morning and we didn't have time to go home for lunch so we ate out at a chinese restaraunt which was extremely good. Then we taught a less active that was in the hospital with the first counsler of the bishopric because no one knows him because he has only come to church one time and is from Ecuador. Then we saw another less active and she is super nice just has some small problems and I think we helpled her quite a bit this week. then we went to go find that African that lives on the highway with all the rain. So we went to find him again this time. No rain but it was dark when we got there and there were other African brothers and so we asked them how to get to this hotel. (because this african named Christopher just told us to ask other africans how to get there) and he said "ya just follow those two. I am on a bike so I can not show you. So we followed the two africans and this time we were even more on the highway with cars zooming by us and having to run after the africans because they walk really fast! So at some parts we were running haha and the other africans we were following didn't know that we were following them either. At one part they jumped a gaurdrail and so I followed and Anziano Romeo isn't the most athletic and he said "no I'm not jumping over that or going down that hill". I was already at the bottom of the hill and so I yelled to him "hurry up I can't see the africans anymore! So in a hurry he jumped over the guardrail and kinda skidded on his but in a suit down the hill. I was kinda laughing then I yelled hurry up again and so he decided to do what I did and run down the hill and he almost made it but tripped at end and ate dirt. He didn't hurt himself thank goodness, so we ran after the africans again, made it to the hotel, taught a lesson to the referal and to a less active with another lady but every one was not listening. The miracale is that the less active came to church!
Then Sunday we had lunch with a family and did finding work all day but I was extrememly tired so I had to take a small nap.
Then Monday was district meeting and we blitzed cuneo which means instead of a scambio me and my companion both went to the city. I was Anziano Hutchinsons last scambio partner he goes home next week. Then we had a great family home evening at the church because they have all the people who don't have families who are all members. We set up a maze of chairs and we blindfolded them and the object of the game was to find the right voice to guide you through the maze or the " holy ghost" then everyone else was a follower of Satan and tried to mess you up and I got one guy to follow my voice and I got him to walk outside for a while haha then that night we played monoply until 12 and I didn't win even though I usually do in case you forgot that it was me or Parker that won every time haha.
Then Tuesday we came back, cleaned the apartment a little because it was a wreck! When we left then we had a couple of appointments and bought pizza because we needed a little break and then went home and today we have few appointments because people couldn't see us another day so this pday we won't be doing much, oh well.
The ballot still hasn't come! so i didnt vote. This week has actually been warmer and I havent been freezing, I just haven't got used to the cold still. And the cockroaches I thought were gone then I saw another one the other day but thank goodness they are only in the bathroom! We will have to clean a little better today. And here is way worse than at home with the streets; the streets are half the size! We still take the train, just no bike. We are on buses. I cleaned the shower when I first got here. I will be waiting for the letters from Brooklin and Kaylin. I'm actually surprised they even know I'm gone.
Well have a good week. Gotta go.
Jake
No comments:
Post a Comment