well I will start off with the big news first! I was space transferred yesterday, which means I got transferred on a day when I usually shouldn’t be transferred. I am now in Gorizia which is about 10 minutes from the Slovenian border. I’m super happy but also kind of upset at the same time, One, because Anziano Strobelt was super cool and we were getting along great and having a really fun time together and, Two, we were planning on having a super fun time these last 2 weeks of the transfer. We had planned to go to the Lago Di Garda and to Milan for his last day. But I’m happy now because I finally get to fulfill my life long dream of going to Venice !!!!! And seeing more of Italy and the people, and hopefully teaching them about our wonderful Church! Also I am the closest I will ever be to Seth in Croatia. (Seth is his friend from home who was called to Croatia for his mission) My new companion is Anziano Sanders, he is in my trainer’s Anziano Glowa's group. He might leave in 2 weeks though at the end of the transfer.
The train from Milano to get here cost 50.00 euro, soo expensive. and 6 hours on train. We were on a nice air conditioned train the whole way, it was great because since none of our apartments have a/c it is super nice to feel it again. I am kind of in the mountains and it is way cooler here! The mountains are so different than at home. At home they are brown with pine trees but here it is all a luscious green with trees that I have no idea what they are and our apartment is soooo nice and clean!
Then last week, soccer with Italians, man they are sooo good but alot of them didn’t believe me that I have never played before. Anziano Strobelt showed me a few things so I kinda know how to play soccer now.
As far as water drinking, believe me I am drinking like 2 liters a day. All the apartments have washers but no dryers so we just hang dry everything but really no one in Italy has a dryer, I’m not really sure why.
I was eating really well before I decided to just eat sandwiches but I just didn’t want to use the stove because of the heat, so just sandwiches.
Sure send me pics of everyone. Oh also a couple weeks ago I met a couple from Boise . They were visiting a friend here. They don’t speak Italian and they actually live in Star and know you guys. He is a Professer at Boise State . His name is Bill Leighton. Also I think I have changed my mind in what I want to do for my career. As much as I want to be a fighter pilot and fly I realized that my right eye probably won’t permit me to fly. So I decided I want to be an FBI or CIA agent! Mom, Could you do a search for a school for me that would best help me for this career?
Well as for this last week not much happened. We haven’t had any new investigators. Work has been slow.
The other day, Italy was playing England and we were in the park and there was a bar with a t.v. and so we stopped and watched a little then President called us and we went home so I could start packing. Later that night, on Sunday, Italy won and the entire city was going crazy!! cars honking, people yelling from their houses, fireworks going off. And people made lantern things that were floating in the sky it was soo amazing. So the rest of the week from there was packing and saying goodbye to a couple of members.
Well love you and thank you for everything you do. Grandma just wrote me and said that this Fall they might go on another mission.
Love,
Jake


No comments:
Post a Comment