Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 20, 2012

Well I  forgot my planner because we are in Reggio Emilia, a city 10 minutes from Modena because we are going to play some soccer with some Italians, wish me luck:) so i will just try to remember what happened this week.

Man I hate having a bad memory!  I am for sure getting a planner when I get home. Well to tell you the truth I can’t really remember anything that happened other than we didn’t reach twenty lessons again. But my toe is healed and we went back out on Thursday to full work.  It is extremely hot outside.  I couldn’t even tell you how bad it is with all this humidity plus  92 degrees outside in church clothes.  It’s miserable, I know now what people mean by when you get out of the shower and you are already sweating. So I just take a semi cold shower then to finish I turn it all the way cold for a minute or so. I do this because almost no apartments in Italy have a/c so we just have four fans in the house to try and keep cooler. When I cook I am just dripping sweat because of the stove so I decided the rest of the summer I’m just going to make sub sandwhiches for lunch.  Other than that the work is going pretty good but because of my toe and not calling anyone for a week or so we haven’t been able to meet with any of our investigators.  I called one of them, Claudio from Romania a couple days ago and he said that his wife quit work cause her boss didn’t pay her and he doesnt have work so they might go back to Romania. I’m glad for my companion, Anziano Strobelt,  we laugh a ton together and he has gotten back into reading the Book of Mormon in Italian.  Now I love reading it in Italian.  It is so amazing how I can study a language and understand basically every word.

Monday we had zone conference and I saw my first companion Anziano Glowa again and a bunch of other missionaires. It was great!!  Earlier in this letter it might sound like I dont like it here but in actuality, I love it!! The culture, the way Italians talk to each other and just the things they do are so funny.  Sure they make me mad sometimes because they are rude but I love them!  And because I forgot my planner I’m sorry but there isn’t much more that I remember.

The charge on my card was some super awesome Italian blue suede shoes that I bought that were on sale! and my toe wasnt ingrown it just got red and puffy one day so I tried to play doctor and infected it. On my hump day I couldn’t do anything because I was stuck inside because of my foot. I haven’t got your card yet but we will see. And about pics, I dont know if I want to send you any more because we email at internet points and Anziano Briscoe got a virus on his camera and his parents had to send a new one. So because mine is brand new I don’t want to ruin it.  So if and when I get to a secure computer I will send pics. I  hope Fathers Day  went well! Sorry I missed it!! 

I think Josh needs to  stop what he is doing trying to find a job that goes nowhere just trying to get by and go to college! Tell him I said that.   Sure he will create debt but if he finds a career and not something to get by he will make enough money to pay off the loan. Have AJ fill out an application to everywhere then have him call everyone of them everyday until they get so annoyed that they will have to give him an interview and if he wants a job he needs to look better than everyone else!!

Lexi is moving to Tennesse? wow that’s a bummer. Well tell her I said good luck and have fun there.

Love you a lot!  and keep reading the scriptures with everyone to have a happier family.  It does make everyone a better person and happier!  Thank you for taking care of the family in everything you do, Mom!!  I am so thankful for all you do!
Love,
Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment