Saturday, April 7, 2012

April 4, 2012

Hello,

I did get the Easter card thanks a lot but not a small package.

This week on Thursday,  we had a scambio with the traveling assistants and I was with Anziano Parker, he is soo funny and energetic  We had an epic scambio it was so fun. to start off we saw Diana  again, the excomunicated member, and she showed up late again by an hour this time.  This time she was dressed modestly which was good. and the Bishop brings her son to church  every week so he wants us to keep seeing her  If it wasnt for that we probably wouldnt continue to see her. Anziano Parker asked what she did for work and she said a masseuse.  In Italy that basically means she is a prostitute. and she was saying all this stuff about being chaste so i guess we have our work cut out for us.

Then we taught this oldish guy named Paolo, he takes care of his dying mom.  He said when he knows that this is true he will be baptized but we haven’t seen him since so we will see.  We are also teaching this 21 year old guy named Carmine and he is dating the daughter of the first counsler of the bishopric here. But he has no interest in this at all and is just doing it to please the parents. Graziella or Grace is progressing so well since we have been teaching like in 2 weeks she has read already through Mosiah and we just taught her the Word of Wisdom and she said whatever I have to do to be baptized she is so awesome!  Depending on how well she accepts everything else we might have to push the date back to the 21st instead of the 14th but we are still going for the 14th. We have a chinese kid who is 19 and is reading everyday and praying and is so excited to be doing this; we are seeing him tomorrow and we will set a date for the day before my birthday on the 29th! What a great present!

Conference was soo great, I just wish I could see the last session on Sunday but because we are 8 hours ahead we can’t.  There are so many talks, I just dont know which I liked the most but I would say the one where President Monson talked about slowing our lives down and in my notes I wrote, stop and smell the roses.

Well, that’s about it!  Please pray for Daniel and Grace!

Oh, it was super hot last week with the suits on and now that we have our suits off it is rainy and cold, what irony.

Love you lots,

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment