Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 18, 2012

This week has been nothing but rain storms. and one storm literally flooded the streets, it was ridiculous.  Rain is the worst, it gets you soaked and ruins missionary work because all we do is casa.  It’s hard because every investigator we have is from parks.  We have had literaly no success in casa.

Thursday Anziano Briscoe and I did a scambio and had a ton of fun. We taught this old guy that used to be a j-dub and is very interested in learning more, the only problem is that we went to go teach him again on Monday and he just has been so brain washed by the j-dubs that he still uses their doctrine to reason instead of thinking for himself and praying for the truth.

Saturday we saw Graziella again and we fasted with her  because she said that the child protective services are only going to let her see her kids one time a month instead of two and they are in the protective services because a few years ago her ex-husband  abused the children and she had no idea but they punished her anyway because they said that she should have known. So we fasted and prayed and helped her and she was really sad.

Sunday we watched the restoration film with her and talked about the importance of baptism and set the date again for the 28th the day before my birthday!! Then we went over Monday to talk about the 10 comandments the Sabbath Day and the law of chastity and she had an answer to her prayer and fast; she can still see her kids!! So because of this she threw out all tabacco and is drinking fake coffee called orzo. and she just has such a desire now to be bapitzed.   Tonight we will teach her the law of tithing and obeying the law of the land. and we will have taught everything.  Daniel the chinese kid  went to Venice and lost his phone. He had a friend call us to tell us he cant meet with us but now we havent talked with him in a long time.  It is  really bad because he was soo ready.

Also on Sunday we went to the British family in our ward that moved here because the husband worked for Mclaren for the Indy car racing formula One.  Now he is in Modena because Ferrari hired him to make their cars; lets just say he is super rich and his wife is brazillian! He just bought a new house and it is a huge house even for Americans. and he has alot of land.

We are just trying to find more people right now.  Anziano Briscoe is Vegan and we were arguing about it and he said I couldn’t do it so next week I am going to be vegan for 6 weeks!!

The place where Anziano D'addabbo bought those suits, I found something for you for mothers day!  You might have to wait until I get home unless you want me to send it to you it just might be kinda expensive. 
It’s  a Gucci purse. Happy Mothers Day!

I am staying in Modena and our District has been added to reggio and piecenza and my companion is still district leader we are going to be doing alot of scambios, its going to be great! I haven’t got any envelopes yet, just the card from Easter!

Grandma writes me, so glad she does, and I can’t believe they are almost home.  I haven't even hit a year yet.

Have a great week.  I love you so much and thanks for everything you do.
Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment