This week has been a little better. Anziano Sanders and I didn’t get along well and he is being transferred to Peoria in the Florence Zone. My new companion will be Anziano Winward.
This Saturday Anziano Winward and I will be going into the mountains with a member who will be receiving his call for a mission soon with some of his friends that aren't members to hike through trenches from World War I! I am excited to see trenches where hundreds of people were in the early 1900s. It will definitely be an experience, I will try and find bullets and things.
Thursday I did a scambio with Anziano Gibbons and we just did so much work. We taught the crazy lady who is a sister of a member and she cooked for us it was soo good. I learned how to make a roman pasta that is super easy. Then we found a man named Zachary who stopped us and asked us questions, he is from Cameroon Africa and he understands our message but doesnt understand it at the same time! He still doesn’t know why he needs to be baptized twice but all he needs to know is that the Book of Mormon is true.
Friday we went to our branch council and they were all freaking out about how Sunday it was super cold in the church and that they are all going to get sick and all the kids because of a thing called colpa d'aria which means the airs fault and for them if cold air is blowing on them they have a superstition that they will get sick, that’s why every Italian wears a scarf! so they argued about that for 45 mins and I was just laughing the entire time it was just soooo funny to me that it was even brought up as a problem and that we talked about it for 45 minutes. Italians are just so funny the way they comport themselves if that’s a word or carry themselves I guess you could say.
Saturday we did a little service in the church like a small construction in the basement. Then sunday we went to see the Bressan family which is who I’m going with on Saturday to the WWI trenches. They gave us dinner and they are super cool, I like them alot.
Monday we cleaned the house and taught Zachary but I already explained what happened with him. Tuesday morning we went to a city on the coast called Grado the island of the sun as they call it. It was super cool, the sea breeze and the smell of the sea and it was just a very nice small town. One thing though is that Italian women are very immodest! We saw two women sun bathing topless so we left the beach area after that and said, “well we probably shouldn’t go back there”!
Then english class is so funny because they are all old Italians pretty much and they just yell at eachother and crack small jokes but because it is english class they all say it in english haha.
I got all the pics thanks and Maylie, she does not even look close to the same as when I left!! I didn't recognize her at all!!
Sorry it’s so hot at home but just imagine 90% humidity with it also. Yes I can go to Venice , I might go this Wednesday or Friday because we have zone conference and we pass right by Vencie on our way so we might stop by and go see it.
About joining the Army it is necessary because I want to join the hostage and rescue team of the FBI so I might join the Army Rangers which is the equivalent to the Navy Seal but for the Army.
I don’t know our mailing address yet and there are about 40 or 50 people in the Branch. I haven’t bought anything yet for my birthday because I’m waiting for sales in August.
Well love you and have a great week!
Love
Jake
No comments:
Post a Comment