Wednesday, February 22, 2012

258 Days

February 22, 2012

ciao tutti, (Hello All)

I figured out that mardi gras is French and in Italian is martedi grasso which I’im sure you have heard is fat tuesday. but its not as crazy as in America thank goodness.

This week I did a scambio with Anziano Briscoe; he has been here for 4 weeks now and that scambio was really fun; we had a great time and for some reason everyone was unusually nice to us except for one guy that started to speak Italian to us then switched to english.  I think he might of been from England.  Anyway he yelled at us and said he has a broken leg and he was in a wheel chair and he told us to f off and go f ourselves.  I think that was the meanest anyone has been to us thus far. I just tried not to think about it. Anziano Briscoe and I taught alot of lessons and found a guy from Peru that has been studying with the j-dubs for a month.  I think they can change him. On Sunday an investigator I met  my first day here finally came to church and loved it.  His name is Caleb he is from Nigeria and is great, he is funny though.  Not sure if I told you or not but the first lesson we taught he thought I was from Nigeria because I know a couple things of their language and what they eat haha. He told us that he has a gift and he lost it because he is far from god and that he had been praying for messangers from god to visit him, and well, here we are. He has a date for the 17th of March so lets pray that he will enter the waters. Then we have this other investigator named Mirra and she is from Albania and her husband is Italian and they have a 14 month old baby. The first time we just taught her and the next time we taught both of them.  The Italian is crazy he, just wont let us teach and just asked questions the whole time.  Hopefully next time we will control him haha.

Today we went to the Duomo in Modena, it is so big and sweet but I cant take pics of the inside I will take pics of it for next week.  It has carvings on the outside that tell the story of the Creation and Adam and Eve and them being cast out and then Cain killing Abel and Noahs Ark,  it’s pretty cool.

I started reading the New Testament again and I finshed Matthew in a week, it’s really good, I like it. Without Joseph Smith so many things would not make sense.

Well that was my week,
 love ya
Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment