Thursday, December 13, 2012

545 Days

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

 
Well what can I say, 6 months from tomorrow I will be home! How crazy is that!!!! But to get to the week,

So Thursday we had someone cancel us and we haven't been able to see him and he said after Christmas but oh well. Then we went to go see a less active and committed her son to be better because he is kind of so so. We will say. But I hope we can help him. Then we had to cancel an appointment because we couldn't make it . Then we taught English class and one person showed up which was another less active we are helping. He is super great! He has a serious case of OCD though and so he has a hard time with life but we talked about the atonement and he felt the spirit super strong and we really helped/ Then I gave him a blessing of comfort and the best is we didn't even invite him to come to church and he showed up Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To me, reactivating someone is just like a baptism but its a number that no one sees but me, my companion and God. But I am plenty content with that!

Friday we planned for the week then we did a scambio and I went with Anziano Pitt, my companion from the MTC. He is in my district again and we actually got along pretty well. I just think being around eachother 24 hrs a day in the MTC made us not like eachother, but it was a really good scambio. Then we saw a new convert that is super old and she doesn't understand anything. Then we went to visit another new convert that hasn't been coming to church and we talked a bit and she is following all the commandments she just does'nt want to come to church because for some reason the members have been pushing and pushing her to do stuff. But she will come back soon. We will try and see her again this next week. Then Donald canceled on us. and we saw another new convert and they said they would come to church and they didn't. I'm just not sure what to do with them.

Saturday we just did a ton of pass bys to less active members but no success. Then we re-scambioed Saturday night. Then Sunday, before leaving church to a members house, I was talking to this American girl who is studying here to learn Italian and she is gorgeous by the way! But when I was talking to her, the member said to me in Italian, stop talking to the girl and lets go. I felt kinda embarrassed like it was my mom telling it to me. So I hope she didn't understand haha, She goes home the same time I go home. Anyway not important. Then we saw a less active that had his wife pass away about 6 months ago and for some reason we are the only missionaries to pass by to help him . He had a son on his mission but he came home after six months because his mom died.

Monday we went to Alessandria for zone meeting and then I had to go to Cuneo for another scambio with a greenie. I think I helped him quite a bit with how to do things or at least I hope I did/ And just a normal scambio but we did find them a potential investigator.

Tuesday we just studied all morning because the new people have to study a ton. Then I made pizza for everyone and my companion, an Italian, said it was the second best pizza he has had on his mission. I COOK LIKE AN ITALIAN!!!! Then today we went to the Museum of Cinema and it was super sweet. We were there for like 4 hours/ I will just tell you about it when I can show you the pics.

Very tiring week though. Trying to do everything the bishopric has asked us to do. I am very tired all the time, always so much to do. I feel like I am 40 years old haha.

No snow and we are still looking for an apartment. The sisters are in Torino 2 and they use bikes I'm in Torino 1 and use the buses. I just got the card you sent today. Thanks, it will annoy my companion haha.(We sent him a musical card with a dog in it, everyone in family signed it since we can't send him any packages) I don't know how many Glowa baptized. No one has asked us over for Christmas but I will ask someone tomorrow Then I will let you know. I will be probably call around 10 for you guys, which is six at night for me I will let you know.
 
well love you!

Jake


No comments:

Post a Comment